The church was founded in 1922. The physical church building was completed in 1926, with a sanctuary on the upper level and offices and classrooms on the lower level. The church parsonage was built beside the church in 1948.
The educational wing was completed in 1960 with classrooms on the upper level and lower level. Pastor and secretary offices are located on the lower level. The lower level of the original church building was converted into a fellowship hall with an adjoining kitchen area. Numerous upgrades and modifications have been made through the years.
In 2014 the church heating and
cooling systems were completely replaced, including the sanctuary, the
fellowship hall and the educational wing.
The original parsonage was completely updated in 2013.
The original sanctuary stained glass windows were updated in 2005.
The church sign was replaced in 2016 with an Optec 3 foot by 10 foot lighted sign that included a 3 foot by 6 foot color graphic LED programmable display.
The church sound system was completely modified in 2016 with addition of a Presonus Studiolive 32 channel mixer and an all new speaker system. At the same time three 50 inch tv’s were installed to display video, images, song lyrics and scripture to enhance the worship service. The display system is controlled with a software program from Easyworship. Also a PTZOptics HD camera with remote control was installed to mix with the sound system to record the worship services. With our system, we are recording services or events and also streaming them live on YouTube.
In 2018 the kitchen area was upgraded including new granite countertops and new kitchen appliances.
The sanctuary has seating capacity for approximately 200 people and 16 people in the choir loft. The upper educational wing has six classrooms and a choir practice room. The lower educational wing has four classrooms, a nursery and three office areas.
The front entrance to the sanctuary is handicap accessible via a ramp which also allows wheel chair access to the upper level of the educational wing. The fellowship hall and lower educational wing are at street level and easily wheelchair assessable.